Contributions to be published in IJAP or IJAPLett should be original research works, i.e., those not already published or submitted for publication elsewhere, individual papers, or letters to the editor.
Manuscripts should be submitted to the editor at the mailing address:
Iraqi Journal of Applied Physics, Editorial Board
Iraqi Journal of Applied Physics Letters, Editorial Board
Two hard copies with a soft copy on a compact disc (CD) or as a MS Word document should be submitted to the Editor in the following configuration:
- One-column Double-spaced one-side A4 size with 2.5 cm margins on all sides
- Times New Roman font (16pt bold for title, 14pt bold for names, 12pt bold for headings, 12pt regular for text)
- Letters should not exceed 10 pages, papers should not exceed 20 pages and reviews are up to the author.
- Manuscripts presented in English only are accepted.
- English abstract does not exceed 150 words
- 4 keywords (at least) should be maintained on (PACS preferred)
- Author(s) should express all quantities in SI units
- Equations should be written in equation form (italic and symbolic)
- Figures and Tables should be separated from the text
- Figures and diagrams can be submitted in colors for assessment and they will be returned to authors after providing printable copies
- Charts should be indicated by the software used for
- Only original or high-resolution scanner photos are accepted
- For electronic submission, articles should be formatted with MS Word software.
AUTHOR NAMES AND AFFILIATIONS
It is IJAP and IJAPLett policies that all those who have participated significantly in the technical aspects of a paper be recognized as co-authors or cited in the acknowledgments. In the case of a paper with more than one author, correspondence concerning the paper will be sent to the first author unless staff is advised otherwise.
Author name should consist of a first name, middle initial, and last name. The author affiliation should consist of the following, as applicable, in the order noted:
– Company or college (with department name or company division), Postal address, City, state, zip code, Country name, Telephone, and e-mail
The references should be brought at the end of the article and numbered in the order of their appearance in the paper. The reference list should be cited in accordance with the following examples:
 X. Ning and M.R. Lovell, “On the Sliding Friction Characteristics of Unidirectional Continuous FRP Composites”, ASME J. Tribol., 124(1) (2002) 5-13.
 M. Barnes, “Stresses in Solenoids”, J. Appl. Phys., 48(5) (2001) 2000–2008.
 J. Jones, “Contact Mechanics”, Cambridge University Press (Cambridge, UK) (2000), Ch.6, p.56.
 Y. Lee, S.A. Korpela and R. Horne, “Structure of Multi-Cellular Natural Convection in a Tall Vertical Annulus”, Proc. 7th International Heat Transfer Conference, U. Grigul et al., eds., Hemisphere (Washington DC), 2 (1982) 221–226.
 M. Hashish, “Waterjet Technology Development”, High Pressure Technology, PVP-Vol. 406 (2000), 135-140.
 D.W. Watson, “Thermodynamic Analysis”, ASME Paper No. 97-GT-288 (1997).
 C.Y. Tung, “Evaporative Heat Transfer in the Contact Line of a Mixture”, Ph.D. thesis, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY (1982).
A double-blind reviewing process is applied to all articles submitted for publication with IJAP or IJAPLett. The article is accepted if – and only if – both reviewers accept it. Otherwise, the article can be rejected. In some limited cases, the Editorial Board may send the article to a third reviewer if one of the first reviewers accepted it and the other did not.
Authors will receive proofs of papers and are requested to return one corrected hard copy with a WORD copy on a compact disc (CD). New materials inserted in the original text without Editor’s permission may cause the rejection of the paper.
Author(s) will be asked to transfer the copyrights of the article to the Journal soon after acceptance of it. This will ensure the widest possible dissemination of information.
Authors will receive offprints free of charge and any additional offprints can be ordered.
ARTICLE PROCESSING CHARGES (APCs)
Authors are required to pay 100000 IQD for the first six pages of the article as article assessment charges. An additional 15000 IQD is added for each page of more than six. Authors are requested to pay additional charges for publishing and distribution of the article. For letters, authors are required to pay 75000 IQD for two pages, 100000 for three pages, and 125000 for four pages, which is the maximum number of pages to be published with IJAPLett.
SUBSCRIPTION AND ORDERS
Annual fees (4 issues per year) of subscription are:
- 50 US$ for individuals inside Iraq.
- 100 US$ for establishments inside Iraq.
- 100 US$ for individuals abroad.
- 200 US$ for establishments abroad.