Contributions to be published in IJAP or IJAPLett should be original research works, i.e., those not already published or submitted for publication elsewhere, individual papers, or letters to the editor.
Manuscripts should be submitted to the editor at the mailing address:
Iraqi Journal of Applied Physics, Editorial Board
Iraqi Journal of Applied Physics Letters, Editorial Board
Mobile: +964 7832 360 114 (telegram, Viber, WhatsApp)
Two hard copies or a soft Word copy on a CD or DVD should be submitted to the Editor in the following configuration:
- One-column Double-spaced one-side A4 size with 2.5 cm margins of all sides
- Times New Roman font (16pt bold for title, 14pt bold for names, 12pt bold for headings, 12pt regular for text)
- Manuscripts presented in English only are accepted.
- English abstract not exceed 150 words
- 4 keywords (at least) should be maintained on (PACS preferred)
- Author(s) should express all quantities in SI units
- Equations should be written in equation form (italic and symbolic) NOT in plain text
- Tables and Figures should be separated from text and placed in new pages after the references
- Charts should be indicated by the software used for generating them (e.g., Excel, MATLAB, Grapher, etc.)
- Figures and diagrams can be submitted in original colored forms for assessment and they will be returned to authors after provide printable copies
- Only original or high-resolution scanner photos are accepted
- For electronic submission, articles should be formatted with MS-Word software
- Figures, charts, photos, images or pictures SHOULD NOT be grouped in Word file
- Figure caption should be written as plan text NOT inside a text box
AUTHOR NAMES AND AFFILIATIONS
It is IJAP policy that all those who have participated significantly in the technical aspects of a paper be recognized as co-authors or cited in the acknowledgments. In the case of a paper with more than one author, correspondence concerning the paper will be sent to the first author unless staff is advised otherwise.
Author name should consist of first name, middle initial, last name. The author affiliation should consist of the following, as applicable, in the order noted:
– Company or college (with department name or company division), Postal address, City, Governorate or State, zip code, Country name, contacting telephone number, and e-mail
The references should be brought at the end of the article, and numbered in the order of their appearance in the paper. The reference list should be cited in accordance with the following examples:
 X. Ning, R. Benford and M.R. Lovell, “On the Sliding Friction Characteristics of Unidirectional Continuous FRP Composites”, J. Tribol. Func. Mater., 124(1) (2002) 5-13.
 M. Barnes, “Stresses in Solenoids”, J. Appl. Phys., 48(5) (2001) 2000–2008.
 J. Jones, “Contact Mechanics”, Cambridge University Press (Cambridge, UK) (2000), Ch.6, p.56.
 Y. Lee, S.A. Korpela and R. Horne, “Structure of Multi-Cellular Natural Convection in a Tall Vertical Annulus”, Proceedings of 7th International Heat Transfer Conference, U. Grigul et al., eds., Hemisphere (Washington DC), 2 (1982) 221–226.
 M. Hashish, “Waterjet Technology Development”, High Pressure Technology, PVP-Vol. 406 (2000) 135-140.
 D.W. Watson, “Thermodynamic Analysis”, ASME Paper No. 97-GT-288 (1997).
 C.Y. Tung, “Evaporative Heat Transfer in the Contact Line of a Mixture”, Ph.D. thesis, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY (1982).
Template for Preparation
Authors will receive proofs of papers and are requested to return one corrected copy as a WORD file on a compact disc (CD) or by email. New materials inserted in the original text without Editor’s permission may cause rejection of paper unless the handling editor is informed.
Author(s) will be asked to sign the IJAP Copyright Form and hence transfer copyrights of the article to the Journal soon after acceptance of it. This will ensure the widest possible dissemination of information.
Authors will receive electronic offprint free of charge and any additional reprints can be ordered.
SUBSCRIPTION AND ORDERS
Annual fees (4 issues per year) of subscription are:
- 50 US$ for individuals inside Iraq
- 200 US$ for institutions inside Iraq
- 100 US$ for individuals abroad
- 300 US$ for institutions abroad.